Narrowband

Save values in EQMOD V1.27l?

stoffe

Hello!

I am using this fanastic software and it works great, but one thing that I do not understand. I have chosen to change the pulse guide setting on both X and Y but I can't save the new values to next time I want to use my mount. I have changed from 0.1x to 0.5x.

How do I save this new 0.5x value so I do not have to adjust it every time I connect to my mount? It always remember every other setting that I have made.

Hello!

Yes I changes the RA Rate and DEC Rate settings and the boxes are checked, I do not know why it doesn't save my values. I have to change the rate settings to 0.5 from 0.1 every time I connect to my mount. I guess I have to live with that until I found a working solution.

Hi

The only thing I can think of is that something is overriding your settings, else they aren't getting saved for some strange reason. Settings are stored in eqmod.ini  (in appdata/roaming on my system). So you can first check that the date/time of the .ini file is the last time you used eqmod. However, it's not clear which variable holds the pulseguide rate values... But I figured out that the pulseguide rates are stored in BAR01_4 and BAR01_3 as values between 1 and 9.  These should change in the .ini file if you change in eqmod pane and exit. You could try deleting eqmod.ini and it should just recreate it with default values.

I'm sure the eqmod author, Chris Shillito, will have some suggestions if he's about :)

Hth

Louise

Thank you Thalestris24! I got it work now, it save my values on a correct way. :)

Hi

Great! Glad you got it working. Eqmod is an excellent piece of software :)

Perhaps you could post what was causing your problem and what you did to solve it - for the benefit of others :)

Cheers

Louise

Yes if I knew what was failing before, it just suddenly started to work. I am using pulse guiding and that was also out of order for some hours of a clear night. I think it could have been something that Windows wasn't rebooted for couple of days. I really like this EQMOD software, it is very good to have! It works so fantastic good!

I think I have found one failing link, I am using TeamViewer 9 and each time it has crashed it have also crashed EQMOD. I think I will have to use some other solution here. RDP with VPN pipe or a VNC connection.

Thanks for that daz! Do you use RDP over a VPN pipe or do you have your obsy computer in your own local network? In my case, I do not have my telescope computer at my local network. I think I have to learn how to set up a VPN connection.

Archived