SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Hungary

golyo73

Hi all,

I'am Golyo from Hungary. Not long since I deal with astronomy, about a half year.
I have a basic equipment (130/650 SW AZ-Goto) but for learn is more than enough.

My occupation is telco and IT. I did some DIY modofocation for telescope. With Raspberry Pi, I made a web based control motorized focuser (PHP, Python) with 512 steps motor, 5MP RPi camera at primer focus and completely remote controlled telescope over LAN (cable or wifi) It can conrtolled with laptop or phone. (RS232-USB and UBS-LAN convert)... wink.png

More details are coming if requested... :)

Thanks for welcome..

BR,
Golyo

I would be very interested in learning more about your use of the Raspberry Pi to control you set up. I am trying to use the RPi to control my Canon 5D Mark iii and any information you may have could be quite helpful. Canon publishes a programmers API but it is already compiled as a library for Mac and PC but you cant get to the source to recompile for another platform.

Have you tried this: http://skowron.biz/artikel/gphoto-raspberry/ ?

Compatibe with your Canon...

Regards,

I would be very interested in learning more about your use of the Raspberry Pi to control you set up. I am trying to use the RPi to control my Canon 5D Mark iii and any information you may have could be quite helpful. Canon publishes a programmers API but it is already compiled as a library for Mac and PC but you cant get to the source to recompile for another platform.

Archived