SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Utlima Duo ep's

baggywrinkle

I picked up a copy of the US mag Astronomy (October issue) the other day and I saw an ad' for the new (at least to me) Ultimna Duo ep's.

They look a bit like the Baader Hyperion in spec, and it does seem a good spec, 68 Deg FOV, 20mm ER, and the ability to add a T adapter for afocal AP. Works with both 1.25 and 2'' holders.

Ranges from 5mm to 21mm.

Has anyone on the forum tried them?

http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/visual-accessories/eyepieces/ultima-duo-eyepiece-10mm

Interesting spec, but I must say I do not like that particular eyecup design, unless the rubber used is very supple. The Vixen LV had similar eyecups, and that bit of the design was my only grip with the LV series. Vixen have since improved that design by having a twist-up eyecup. This may seem like a minor issue, but given the competitive market, every detail counts.

These were discussed recently on the "Cloudynights" forum and the betting seemed to be that they were the same optics as the Hyperions use in an alternative body shape. Personally I think I prefer the Hyperion shape.

Archived