Narrowband

oaCapture 0.0.9 beta for Linux and OSX released

JamesF

Well, it's been a bit of a killer getting to this release, but finally it's done.

The major changes are configurable control panes that should hopefully improve usability on small screens (they can be moved to the side, made dockable or even hidden altogether), support for the ZWO USB3 cameras and support for FireWire cameras.  FireWire works nicely on my Linux machine, but I'm still having problems on my MacBook when I get timeouts whilst trying to talk to the device.  I know some people already get further than that, so it may be something to do with running FireWire over Thunderbolt.  At the moment I just don't know.

There are a whole pile of other bugfixes too.

The list of supported cameras should now be:

All the ZWO ASI cameras

All the TIS astro cameras, both USB and FireWire (though with some question marks over the latter on OSX)

QHY5

QHY5L-II

Any camera supported by V4L2 on Linux (eg. the SPC900)

Point Grey Firefly MV, Chameleon and perhaps others

Atik GP

Any camera that supports IIDC, either over FireWire or USB may well work.  That includes quite a few others occasionally used for imaging, I think (Basler, IDS, Lumenera, Unibrain, Ximea?).

Downloads are at: http://www.openastroproject.org/downloads/

James

Archived