Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first ever Lodestar Live image

kerrylewis

At last some clear skies again and some success with LL thanks to all the help available here.

Still finding my way with the app - in fact my first image was of M57 but in my excitement I apparently didn't save it!

attachicon.gifImage_2014.9.21_23.35.49.png

This is what the future will be (only better) real time stacking/processing in the field on the screen - at a reasonable cost?. Nice one

Which Scope did you use ?

Fantastic Kerry, congratulations and welcome to The Dark Side! You'll never look through an eyepiece again!!!

Hello Gav

Oh I think I will! In fact I had a quick look at my old friend Jupiter this very morn!

My plan is to remote control the mount from inside the house using LL to view. I've got both elements working now; the remote control and the Lodestar - but not yet put them together

Kerry 

Excellent, Kerry! I have a SW 100ed also and it is a great scope, both for visual and AP. I've viewed a number of DSO's using the Lodestar and LL. It can go deep. It does a great job on the Hickson Compact Groups. Easily goes to mag 16. I agree with you that visual of the planets and moon are hard to beat. But, viewing DSO's with the Lodestar opens up a whole new world.

Don

Hi Kerry

Its a great feeling isn't it to see something like this appear on the screen for the first time!

I see some hot pixel tracks (showing stacking is working) -- you can remove these with the appropriate darks.

I agree re combining visual and sensor-assisted. For me, sensor-assisted not only allows you to see deeper but also increases the number of observing nights when marginal conditions might make you think twice about doing pure visual and stay inside instead.

cheers

Martin

Thanks for the comments and 'likes' everyone. Another clear night forecast tonight so I'm hoping to try things out again - including perhaps 'darks' which are currently a bit of a mystery. I clicked on the button last night but didn't put the cap on the scope!! 

Archived