SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Autumn Upon Us

Qualia

Autumn fires will burn and day by day the dead leaves will fall and melt and the skies will gradually get darker. Autumn is approaching  :smiley: 

I was wondering, in this season of mists and mellow fruits, is there anything you're looking forward to observe in the night sky?

:grin:

Getting back out there again. Haven't observed for.....several months now!!! I think the last time I took the telescope out was in March this year!

A massive change in my circumstances has completely scuppered astronomical opportunities. I am working on it, though, and trying to remain positive. A major ambition of mine is to be able to get the dark garden back. Another, is to have the energy to take the scope out to darker skies only a few miles away. But at the moment, I only have the energy for the day-to-day stuff.

I so miss my old friends in the heavens......

Thanks for the replies :smiley:

Beulah, I'm sorry to hear about the set back and hope everything will get better over the next few months.

Jules and Davie, I feel your sentiments. This weekend has been nothing but thick cloud cover and next week looks like storms everyday. I may live in a place where the LP is now less, but the weather here is abysmal compared to the desert lands up north :grin:

I'm certainly looking forward to the cooler air as summer really played havoc with my solar images so getting back to some clarity will be a good thing.

Just have to wait for storm season to blow over first.

Looking to spend some decent time with the Andromeda galaxy. Also looking forward to Orion and Monoceros - hoping for Rosette Nebula this year.

Like most, love the smells and colours. Don't like the rain so much! Cannot wait for winter this year. So much more prepared than when I last viewed in Winter, must be three years ago now due to various circumstances. Revisit all those Messiers I last saw in a small 4 inch scope.

Although I love the summer skies, I really love to see Orion climbing up from my Eastern horizon. I'm particularly looking forward to having another go at the Virgo clusters later on. To me this is the start of my season and as usual I have great expectations.

Winters have been dreadfull of late, what happened to those clear, crisp nights I remember? Now it's either cloud or rain or else a horrid orange murk.

Really hoping to use my new CCD kit on M42, I'm thinking a Hubble Palette would be fun.

Archived