SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Startrail pic

Just thought I'd post this up, a bit of fun:

15297816195_9d64f7510c_b.jpg

Star trails over Arroyo Coche, Andalusia by glowingturnip, on Flickr

The bright stars top-middle are Cassiopeia.  Was actually hoping to catch a Perseid or two, but didn't get any, though the startrail pic looks quite good anyway I think.  

147x 30s f/3.5 ISO1600 28mm with a Nikon D80 on a fixed tripod.  Stacked with StarStax and stretched with Pixinsight.

Thanks for looking   :smiley:

Yes it is lovely; and Polaris looks so low down, i'm just to straining my next to look it at 52 degrees up!

The comment about the colours above is true, i love how the colours become so apparent in trails. It made me wonder what the final image would look like if one took it out of focus before starting the image run, which may highlight the colours even further, or may just look like a right mess and be a waste of an evening imaging.

Smashing work, and so little light pollution; i'm very envious.

James

Thanks guys !

Yes it is lovely; and Polaris looks so low down, i'm just to straining my next to look it at 52 degrees up!

The comment about the colours above is true, i love how the colours become so apparent in trails. It made me wonder what the final image would look like if one took it out of focus before starting the image run, which may highlight the colours even further, or may just look like a right mess and be a waste of an evening imaging.

Was wondering if anyone would say that about Polaris.  I was looking at the pictures of HenryW's Norway set-up in the 130pds thread, and was thinking how amazingly high his polar align looked !

The colours are amazing aren't they - I didn't touch the saturation controls at all, that's what's come straight off the camera.  I don't think unfocussing works though, I took the same picture for last year's Perseids (and got one that time), but the camera was unintentionally out of focus - the Perseid shot was a waste, and the startrails just looked fat and messy.

Archived