SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LN300 camera sensor size.

beamer3.6m

Not sure. What numbers do I put in?

Don't think the Sony table [above] is correct for resolution but you get the active sensor size for this 1/3" chip thus ...

IXC672 NSTC 976x0.005 = 4.88mm x 494x0.0074 = 3.66mm which is accurate enough. The PAL version produces the same chip size.

Pixels are slight bigger AFAIK for the Micro but on the same area chip. Hope that helps in your fov calcs.;-)

So that is the sensor size but what about the pixels in microns

That's the .005 and .0074 in Nytecam's calc. 5 and 7.4 microns. AstroAid is an App that will do the FOV calc for you and show you what your image will look like for a given telescope and imager. Hope this helps.

Don

Perhaps someone could fill in the 12dstring form and show me a screen print of the result.

Need to know the focal length of your scope and wether you are using any optical aid like a Barlow or focal reducer. I can give you your Vertical and horizontal FOV for the described sensor.

It's in arcminutes which is a fraction of a degree. I looked up the 12dstring program and it only considers square pixels so you have to do the calculation twice, once for horizontal (width) and one for vertical (height). Put in 5 for pixel size and 976 for number of pixels in each of the two boxes. Then submit. You should get 16.8' x 16.8'. That's the width. Do the same with 7.4 and 494 and you should get the height.

What is it you're trying to do with this?

Don

Archived