Narrowband

cgem 925 edge hd

For AP the EdgeHD will be better. Although I thought that for planetary imaging the advantage of the flat field disappears, so depends on what you want it for really. If you are planning DSO imaging, make sure you are not under mounted. The C9.25 is a slow scope for DSO imaging and will need long subs to get you decent detail.

Be sure you're aware of the challenges of long FL deep sky imaging before a final decision. You'll need a very accurate mount and good autoguiding to do DS with this scope. As this is in the 'getting started' section I would advise you, quite honestly, not to get started with an SCT for deep sky with the SBIG.

The Hyperstar solves the speed and guiding issue but brings difficulties of its own. At F2 you have almost no tolerance in terms of focus and collimation has to be spot on. There are, in my view, easier ways of imaging at the Hyperstar's focal length.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2266922474&k=Sc3kgzc

Archived