Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade 5000 HD 60

bish

Does anybody use the 25mm Meade 5000 HD 60? I want to replace my Meade 4000 for something a bit wider.

I use the 6.5mm and 12mm HD 60 and find them very good. I have used the supplied SW, old Celestron X-cel, radian, nagler, BGO and various others in the past. The nagler gave me the best views but I do like my HD 60's, as they are very comfortable to use and stack up well against my radian (although I don't do extensive tests, just casually observe).

Just wondered if anybody has any first hand experience of the 25mm?

Cheers.

hey bish i had one when i had a 16" LB. they are cracking EP's with nice ER and the twist up cup is super smooth. they gave really good contrast as well

Thanks Danny. I do like the ones I have but always like to get an opinion on the other focal lengths before buying.

The Meade 5000 HD's are all excellent and are not sold enough because of Meade's terrible and stupid marketing. But if you can get your hands on the magnificent 24,5mm Meade 4000 SWA...then you have a real gem. And for binos...a pair f these 24,5mm s unbeatable!!!

cheers

paulo

The other reason they have not sold is because I was offered these if I recall correct ate 275 euros each, and that is Tele-Vue area. It is a good while back so I cannot be sure but for what they are it was a lot of money.

Alan

Hi Alan. They are around the £90 mark. I've heard that they are similar to the Celestron x cel -lx, which are around £65. I think people tend to go for the Celestrons. I do google and flick around the internet a lot so may have this wrong, but believe I read it somewhere.

Cheers

Bish

Archived