Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Damian Peach's High Resolution Astrophotography DVD

JamesF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a copy and can highly recommend it. It is much better than his first version a few years back which did not go into such detail. The new one covers all aspects of HD planetary imaging including hardware needed, weather conditions and processing software.

I have learnt a lot viewing it.

regards

Peter

I have a copy and can highly recommend it. It is much better than his first version a few years back which did not go into such detail. The new one covers all aspects of HD planetary imaging including hardware needed, weather conditions and processing software.

I have learnt a lot viewing it.

He's not put you off, has he?  I notice you're parting with some of your planetary (I assume) kit.

James

James

Well spotted, no I haven't given up, just upgrading to a C14.

Every time I see a C11 for sale I think, "Oooh, upgrade!" :)

But then I think "What's the point of just another inch and three quarters of aperture?  I should wait for a C14." :D

James

the DVD sounds interesting, hopefully a few nice tutorials are included. it would be good to see a selection of individual AVI frame/frames and then the end result. i always wonder whether what i capturing is a  good enough quality or not.

i bought "Lessons from the Masters: Current Concepts in Astronomical Image Processing" earlier this year and was a little dissapointed in the planetary section to be honest. it was only one chapter so i supose there is only so much you can fit in to it.

i bought "Lessons from the Masters: Current Concepts in Astronomical Image Processing" earlier this year and was a little dissapointed in the planetary section to be honest. it was only one chapter so i supose there is only so much you can fit in to it.

What was that book like? Of any use? I'm on the hunt for good material to learn more on how to process DSO things mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was that book like? Of any use? I'm on the hunt for good material to learn more on how to process DSO things mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought it was good, everything from Solar, Planetary and DSO's. a section on widefelids, several workflow sections on DSO's,

the binding was poor as it fell apart within a week, but i got a full refund from Amazon. it was a bit expensive, but as it was a xmas present that wasnt a problem either.

i thought it was good, everything from Solar, Planetary and DSO's. a section on widefelids, several workflow sections on DSO's,

the binding was poor as it fell apart within a week, but i got a full refund from Amazon. it was a bit expensive, but as it was a xmas present that wasnt a problem either.

Thanks Pete, sounds like I should add that to the Astro Wish List, along with a roll of sellotape!

I think it's a good one to have Gav - Certainly from a DSO point of view, it covers quite a few things and you can dip in and out when you've found a useful trick. I am a sucker for books though!!

I think it's a good one to have Gav - Certainly from a DSO point of view, it covers quite a few things and you can dip in and out when you've found a useful trick. I am a sucker for books though!!

Thank you Sara. Funnily enough I've just been looking around your website as I followed a link to your books section! Looks like the weather has been really bad on the Costa as you have added lots to your site... Hopefully clear skies will return soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have it (as well as Damian's original DVD from years ago) and highly recommend both for anyone who is serious about and is willing to commit to High Resolution planetary imaging. The knowledge contained within is highly valuable no doubt there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived