Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron filters

Having just started with a Celestron Astromaster 114eq, I seem to have come to a dead-end with regards filters for this model. I'm trying to get a solar filter and a filter to cut down on artificial light (UHC/LCR), (I live not far from Leeds city so it can be a problem).

All I can find regarding solar filters is it being available in sheet form, where you have to make your own holder. Isn't there a ready made solar filter for this 'scope ?

Regarding the UHC/LPR filter, I found one with 1.25" & 2" screw threads, but couldn't find anyway of fitting it to the eyepiece.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting these filters or have I wasted my money on the 114 instead of getting something with ready available accessories ?

Hi there, Baader make solar filters in a frame and they are very good, I have one myself for my C100ED, found here: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/solar-filters/astrozap-baader-solar-filter.html  With the filter you have bought, it should fit into the bottom of the eyepiece, gently turning it so that it screws on nice and even.  You should use the 1.25" version if you are using it with the eyepieces that came with the scope.

EDIT: you should get advice from FLO on which solar filter is best for your scope by emailing them.

Archived