Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging Deep Sky Best Camera

Pickwick

Hi Everyone,

Members have kindly advised that I should repost this on the imaging site.

I am a new member and for a little back ground I am Based on the English South Coast and have been a keen Astronomer from the Age of 10 now many years later in the new Digital Age I am looking to upgrade my old CCD Camera.

My Telescope a 152 mm F9 focal, length 1368 mm, oil spaced triplet is mounted permanently on an Astro-Physics 900 GOTO and can be controlled either by the hand Paddle or from my Lap top using Maxim DL vs. 5 & 6 together with SKY X with T Point add on. I find this set up very accurate when it comes to finding a target.

I have a StarlightXpress Filter Wheel with spaces for 7 filters (size 1.25 filters) currently RGBL.

Guiding is achieved  with an off Axis Guider and I use the Loadstar X2 for this.

There are a perplexing choice of CCD cameras so I am asking you for your opinions on those on The Market.

Both SXP and Apogee are based in The UK.

Frame transfer cameras will require software to correct pixel bleeding wheras interline CCD mostly have anti blooming gates.

I am tempted to buy Apogee Alta 4000 camera an interline CCD and SVX can provide a plate  For  their  D2 Camera, - Female 2" -    24 tpi. Apogee are now part of Oxford

Scientific Instruments based in Belfast. 

The QSI cameras are quite popular as are SBIG but as I already have a filter wheel maybe I should exclude QSI
Or Do you think a new SXP Triuis H9 would be best

Please let me know about your cameras and your views including the best fit for my plate size i.e. size of pixels.

Archived