Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Down Under

Galileo101

hi all,

my name is Daniel and i am a new member.

i live in Australia and have been interested in Space since i can remember. i am looking to enter the wonderful world of Astronomy. im currently waiting for a Telescope in the mail.

it is the beginning of Spring here so the skies should be clearing up soon for a great view of the cosmos. 

looking forward to meeting new people on here and any and all advice is welcome as i know next to nothing about telescopes, how to track planets in the sky etc.

well thank you all for reading and hope to talk to you all soon.

Hi Daniel and welcome.

Quite a few Aussies on here (including MEEEE!!). what part of Oz are you? I'm from Sydney/Wollongong origionally though I moved to the UK for the clear skies  :p .

Download a FREE piece of software called Stellerium. You can set your location and it'll tell you what there is to be seen at any given time.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The sky gets dark here and very clear for stargazing. I'm from Sydney and about 2 hrs south of me you can see the milky way in the sky with your naked eye. Can't wait to get my telescope. I hope it's a good 1. It's a bresser messier ar 127L refractor.

Any feed back on this model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Daniel and welcome to SGL - Downloading Stellarium is a good call, will help you with your observing and finding you way around. Also the book 'Turn Left at Orion' is useful for star hopping.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived