Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick session last night and a couple of captures

RobertI

Had a lot of fun live viewing during a quick session last night. My declination drive decided to play up so had to home in manually. Captures made using LL.

Fireworks galaxy:

post-17401-0-97952200-1409590393.png

M92 - couldn't decide whether to burn out the core to get more stars or have a better deifned core and fewer stars - chose the latter.

post-17401-0-58097700-1409590404.png

Nytecam - you get some really nice globs using SX Lodestar software which seems to cope really well with the high dynamic range - does the s/w have any special features to allow this?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have used 20s exposures to get a good blend of stars and not-so-burnt out cores and for me that seems quite a sweet spot.

On the dynamic range front - I am currently working on non-linear display processing functions - this is optimise dynamic ranges for different objects. There will be a selection of functions to choose from to suit different situations (currently its only linear).

Work so far has dramatically improved images of galaxies!  :grin:

Paul

Hi Rob,

I have used 20s exposures to get a good blend of stars and not-so-burnt out cores and for me that seems quite a sweet spot.

On the dynamic range front - I am currently working on non-linear display processing functions - this is optimise dynamic ranges for different objects. There will be a selection of functions to choose from to suit different situations (currently its only linear).

Work so far has dramatically improved images of galaxies!  :grin:

Paul

Cheers Paul, great stuff! Really looking forward to the next instalment of LL. :)

Globulars via Lodestar: Hi Rob - I keep the exposure as brief as possible so as not to burnout the core and use SX s/ware non linear stretch to bring out the outer faint stuff in repeat steps .With LL I do a post stretch in PaintShopPro. Hope that helps:-)

Globulars via Lodestar: Hi Rob - I keep the exposure as brief as possible so as not to burnout the core and use SX s/ware non linear stretch to bring out the outer faint stuff in repeat steps .With LL I do a post stretch in PaintShopPro. Hope that helps:-)

Thanks Nytecam, I shall have a play.

Archived