SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Shelyak shutter control pulling my hair out!

Explorer 190 MN

Hello I have scoured the internet and cant find any information so I thought I would ask here.

I have a Pulsar 2.2m dome "fully" motorized using the Shelyak control system, everything works as it should apart from the shutter is opens sometimes and other times not at all same as closing I am using the Shelyak ASCOM driver and MaxIm DL the sensor are aligned and close together..... What am I missing I havent found anyone with the the same problem obviously its something I missed...

Ideas? 

Yes it is the IR system, you said there was a thread? I couldnt find any.

If the wiring diagram wasnt in French I would have a better chance I found some 12v blue tooth relays and thought maybe I could wire those in some how. I´ll need to have another search thanks !

post-18812-0-85862000-1409585297_thumb.jpost-18812-0-85862000-1409585297_thumb.jCongratulations !! 
I would say make sure your base is level build the dome on top of the base first make sure the underside of dome where is contacts the rollers is level/flat 
Door seal
De-humidifier
Weather station so you can keep an eye on inside humidity
A PC controlled extension socket for remotely switching the power

Hi Explorer,

I had the very same problem and wasted much time trying to sort, it is very frustrating, it would open on the switch but only close if I waved my hand in front of the IR Sensor see my build thread "New Obsy in Norfolk UK". On talking to Dave at Pulsar, some customers did have problems and they were working on a radio link conversion, this also means that you can open and close the shutter away from the home position, very useful. I have had mine modified by an exchange of the drive boxes and it now all works like a dream, no problems. I will shortly post a workflow for my set-up and the workflow for the start-up procedure using ASCOM Poth, Maxim5 etc I just have to take the screenshots and insert them into the text. It will be on my build thread soon but if you cannot wait just ask because the next problem was getting the scope to look out of the shutter correctly, solved through help from this site - just passing the help given to me in a consolidated form to others, bottom line it now works beautifully.

Regards

Mike

Hi Earl, I am using the Aurora Eurotech III which works well with the Shelyak controller, get Pulsar to supply you wth an extra lead to connect and Michael at Aurora will supply the connection drawing. If not I have copy of drawing. If you are installing yourself pay great attention to getting the dome running as smoothly as possible; if you are going to automate it is important. I installed my own and whereas I do not regret it I had to do some fettling after assembly; I have also seen a Pulsar installed one and they do a great job, I would say well worth the money.

Regards

Mike

• 7 months later...

Hi,

An update if using the dome remotely, I have found that one item of essential equipment is an IP camera so that you can keep an eye on what is happening inside. Last night whilst operating from Spain my shutter chain snapped with the shutter open!!! If it was not for the camera I would not have known that the shutter was open; you also need a friend (with keys, or hidden keys) who can go round and at least secure the dome if there are any problems such as this; at least it is clear when the shutter is opened so minimal threats of rain in the short term!!

I have also added an All Sky Camera to my cloud sensor for viewing the weather and I now find it an invaluable tool, I started to build one but then found an Oculus for sale in Astro Buy and Sell

More money I know but!!!!

regards

Mike

Archived