Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun In White Light 30-8-2014. 10:45 BST

Steve Ward

Decisions , decisions ... do you shoot through the cloud with decent seeing behind it , or wait for a possible late gap with almost guaranteed poor seeing ... ?

I'll take the grey route every time ...  :p

P30-8-14_zpsa9a4adec.png

Full res ... http://www.astrobin.com/full/117078/0/?real=&mod=

1000D + Tal 100RS + 1.4 x Barlow + ND3.8 + OIII.

1/100s @ ISO 200 , 10/15 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album ... http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

213 / 242 ... 

All depends on your interpretation of 'grey' ... and just how far you are confident to push the envelope with your kit ....  :grin:

Looking at it I'd need to push the scope up about a thousand feet  :grin:

Dave

Trust me I'm just 40-odd miles up the road , David , Alexandra and Robin will vouch for me I hope ...  :p

you certainly do, i think we met a few years back?

very nice image as always, right to grab whatever conditions are around and if it improves grab them as well!

Trust me I'm just 40-odd miles up the road , David , Alexandra and Robin will vouch for me I hope ...  :p

I can verify that Steve lives in what is known as a 'sunny spot'. Whether that is 40 miles up the road from you Luke I couldn't say for sure, but there is a lot of photographic evidence that he lives somewhere in Suffolk. Perhaps he has a double or maybe a satellite in geostationary orbit?

Or maybe he is just very lucky/keen?

Either way I am willing to bet that his grass is normally quite tall, someone who solar images this much couldn't possibly have a well trimed lawn.

Robin

Archived