Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Forrest (Newbie)

Hi guys at SGL been a while since I have posted on the site and also its been awhile since I have been out with the scope... (AP usage) 

Now I purchased all my equipment just before the summer and was getting to grips with all the terminology, the  equipment etc. 

Now the weather hasn't given me a chance to get out much and practice some AP... so no photos. 

As i'm a newbie I have a lot of learning to do and Yes I have the AP bible but hands experience is sometimes a good approach just to get stuck in. 

I am trying to get to grips in understanding Drift alignment I have a faint idea but I feel I need watch someone do this process for me to learn from it. So to the point are there any AP's out there heading to Galloway forrest regularly? That could possible let me watch their methods.. 

I have a S-W EQ6 mount / Cannon 1100 D / Backyard EOS / S-W 200P (1200mm FL) (Getting 130P-DS in future) got other sorts of bits and pieces.. anyways hope someone can help me out. 

Hi,

See ...... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/215040-galloway-star-camp-2014/

This is an excellent star party, it has very dark clear skies ( some nights ), the camp site is very good, spotlessly clean toilet/ showers, games room with pool table, whiskey tasting sessions and shared meals if you want to join in.

I travel 800 miles there and back, given good weather it really is superb and well worth the trip.

Trust you can make it......

Cheers

Adrian

Archived