Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi to all from the new Dutch guy

Ruud

Hello everyone,

My name is Ruud.  My interest in astronomy started at ten when I discovered some really nice books on the topic in our local library.  By the age of  twelve I had my own copy of Patrick Moore's The Atlas of the Universe (the Dutch translation) and my first  pair of 7x50 binoculars. 

Although I like to take a picture of the Moon now and then, I'm mostly a visual observer. I love the silent beauty of the night sky. It makes me lose my sense of time, of myself even, and it never fails to relax me. To absorb it all, I use a decent pair of binoculars (Helios Apollo 7x50), a nice 4" f/5 refractor (TV Genesis) and a GoTo SCT (Celestron 6SE). 

I joined as a member because SGL is a wonderful  forum. I know this because I've been around many times, as a guest, especially when I needed in formation or  informed opinions when  buying a new eyepiece or something else. Your combined expertise has been most helpful. I'm very happy for instance with the Maxvisions that I bought upon your recommendations.

I feel at home already.

Clear skies!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived