Narrowband

Neptune 27/08/2014

FarSide

A quick and dirty Neptune under quite variable conditions as i waited for Uranus to appear over the roof of the house. As i wasn't really planning to shoot for Neptune that night i wasn't really prepared enough but went for a single run anyway. LRGB only ( still waiting for the useful filters in the post!).

C11 - ASI120MM - Astronomik Filters.

post-8388-0-34268300-1409167257.png

Nicely done :-) Can I ask , how far did you barlow it and what kind of fps were you getting?

I went for it last night (first time ) and with 2.7x on a c11 was running anywhere from 0.8 to 1.6 fps and IR was a no no so I'm thinking 2x next time ?

Hi Simon. Usually the consensus is anything between 300ms/500ms exposure, 2/5fps, maximum gain and using a 610/685nm longpass filter for anything up to 60 minutes or more with a 2 to 2.5X Barlow. Neptune and Uranus both need a little practice but detail on very steady, clear nights are really achievable.   

Archived