Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZOOM Barlow

bomberbaz

Found this on ebay and wondered if anyone has come accross one before. Looks a nice budget priced bit of kit to use with my budget priced 100p. Beauty of this if i went for it is that with the range fleaxbility, I would be able to make do with the stock 25mm and a 9 or 10mm. Makes life so much easier

Thought I posted this yesterday but I must have forgot to click the send button, hehe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111291642087?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's effectively what a zoom EP is, an EP with a Barlow that can be moved to adjust the magnification.

Good quality ones give really nice views, poor quality ones are a waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found this on ebay and wondered if anyone has come accross one before. Looks a nice budget priced bit of kit to use with my budget priced 100p. Beauty of this if i went for it is that with the range fleaxbility, I would be able to make do with the stock 25mm and a 9 or 10mm. Makes life so much easier

Thought I posted this yesterday but I must have forgot to click the send button, hehe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111291642087?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.nipon-scope.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13

Just found this. I presume this is

were it comes from.

Steve

Sending it back. Quality was not good at all. Would not fit the thread on bottom of eyepiece. When I told vendor this he kind of intimated I wasn't doing it right and to try again! Cheeky sod. Anyway I have asked for a refund and will simply use a std 2x barlow instead

Any standard Barlow (not telecentrics) can be made into a "zoom" Barlow. You need to be able to fit it to a tube that can be slid relative to the eyepiece, the more the separation the more the magnification. The limit is reached when the spacing is equal to the negative focal length of the Barlow. Considerable refocusing is required near this limit. The advantage of the system is a constant apparent field of the eyepiece. The Speers-Waler zooms use a modified form of this principle.   :smiley: 

Sending it back. Quality was not good at all. Would not fit the thread on bottom of eyepiece. When I told vendor this he kind of intimated I wasn't doing it right and to try again! Cheeky sod. Anyway I have asked for a refund and will simply use a std 2x barlow instead

Hope you get your money back

ok.That is one EP, not to buy.

Steve

Archived