Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet jacques........

Comet Jacques. a single raw image no real proper processing, ive got a ton of data, so hoping to make a video showing the movement against the stars..........taken a few hours ago.........Much better images to come, this was done on the quick.........can anyone advise me on how to do movie clips out of fit files, or I can convert to jpeg........then create movie.

post-30428-0-62887400-1409102309.jpg

I made my Jacques time lapse videos by loading all the JPEGs into Windows Live Movie Maker.  I then set the duration for the entire movie so that each frame (an 18 second sub) would last about 0.15 second in the video and put a dissolve transition between the frames to make the thing look nice and smooth.  Came out all right I'd say.  Shame about my dodgy mount tracking :)

I made my Jacques time lapse videos by loading all the JPEGs into Windows Live Movie Maker.  I then set the duration for the entire movie so that each frame (an 18 second sub) would last about 0.15 second in the video and put a dissolve transition between the frames to make the thing look nice and smooth.  Came out all right I'd say.  Shame about my dodgy mount tracking :)

Nice! What are the odds that I picked it up just as you left it?

Nice! What are the odds that I picked it up just as you left it?

Nice video, and a great co-incidence :grin:  Looks like your video starts just as the comet was passing real close to that star at about 22" in my video.

Only just started playing with my LX modded webcam (3 nights so far) and I'm really enjoying this new aspect of the hobby!

Im loving the posts on here of the time lapse videos.....Ive done one now, but I think ive gota adjust my settings again as the gaps are to long (slow).........

Well, I used IRIS for my DSLR RAW files (which calibrates and registers, saving FITS files). I then had to manually create a text file with commands to load each frame, adjust the low-end and the high-end (command VISU) and write a .BMP file. Then Windows Live Movie Maker did the rest.

Archived