Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker not producing an image

Hi All,

My DSS has stopped producing a final image. I select my lights and darks, DSS goes through all the usual motions (registering, stacking, computing the final image etc.) but it does not create the usual autosave.tiff file. I have uninstalled/reinstalled DSS, tried different picture files - there is no sign of it building up the image as the usual mosaic. I click on the Copy Image to Clipboard and it tells me there is no image to copy.

Any ideas, anyone?

Ta,

Neil.

check that the output folder is being used, if you don`t select a output folder or it`s missing you get no image at the end of the process.

go to settings / stacking settings, move the tabs along then select output and make sure the create output file is ticked, autosave tif/fits, then output location, create output file in the folder of the reference frame.

hope that helps 

• Like 1

Fantabulous - that worked. It was trying to save the image to a non-existant folder. I think I confused it when I updated from 332 to 334 the wrong way, instead of just replacing the .exe file with the latest version I was just running the latest .exe.

Many thanks,

Neil.

• 6 years later...
On 25/08/2014 at 00:00, red dwalf said:

check that the output folder is being used, if you don`t select a output folder or it`s missing you get no image at the end of the process.

go to settings / stacking settings, move the tabs along then select output and make sure the create output file is ticked, autosave tif/fits, then output location, create output file in the folder of the reference frame.

hope that helps 

While looking for solution I have found this old thread. So in my case problem was that my username contains special character which DSS apparently doesn't like. As far as I have created temp folder and output folder directly on C:\ drive (to avoid using patch c:\users\my_username\...) is started to work fine.

Posting this in case someone will find this thread like me through Google.