SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

next step up

algol

Hi guys I only have the bog standard 10 and 25 mm eyepiece with my 8 inch dob, also the standard Barlow.

I was thinking of grabbing the revelation eyepiece kit but have been told on here I would be better to spend the money on one or two quality eyepiece.

So with that in mind the cost of the rev kit is around 120 quid, what kind of eyepiece could I afford for that? I'd like a good planetary eyepiece and maybe a wider field low power one and a mid power General one?

If you speak  with Alan,  who provides the BST Starguiders,  you have an option to return them, if you don't like them?  Nothing worse than buying an eyepiece and finding its just not quite right for you.  Who else do I know that offers this service. No-one!  flo.  recently explained I could exchange something , but was happy enough with my  last purchase.   At least you can tick the BST Starguiders  on your list. The Sky-Watcher 32mm Panaview is very nice, for my eyes on the 200P. I'd also considered the GSO 32mm.  I chose the 8mm and 18mm to replace the standard  SW lenses.  BST ED 60° ED  AFOV,  no regrets.

If you speak  with Alan,  who provides the BST Starguiders,  you have an option to return them, if you don't like them?  Nothing worse than buying an eyepiece and finding its just not quite right for you.  Who else do I know that offers this service. No-one! .

You can return an eyepiece you've bought from anyone online for a full refund - it's law now, as part of the distance selling regulations.

great_bear........Thanks for the update.  I've known  that You must offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described or doesn't do what it’s supposed to, ie, not fit for purpose. You couldn't always just return something because you decided you just didn't like it any more after using it for a while. However since 13 June 2014 the new Consumer Contracts regulations are in our favour.

Returns and refunds
The Consumer Contracts Regulations still allow you to return an item if you simply change your mind.
You are responsible for returning the items within 14 calendar days of cancelling, and refunds must be paid within 14 calendar days after returning the goods, or evidence that they were returned.
Proof of postage should be sufficient evidence of returning goods.
Whether the goods have to be returned in an unused condition, I don't know, and some retailers will still probably  argue the ssoT (read backwards). But good to know .
I used Alan as an example above, because he often reminded me that its better to try something than to waste my money and not be happy. 

great_bear........Thanks for the update.  I've known  that You must offer a full refund if an item is faulty, not as described or doesn't do what it’s supposed to, ie, not fit for purpose. You couldn't always just return something because you decided you just didn't like it any more after using it for a while. However since 13 June 2014 the new Consumer Contracts regulations are in our favour.

Returns and refunds
The Consumer Contracts Regulations still allow you to return an item if you simply change your mind.
You are responsible for returning the items within 14 calendar days of cancelling, and refunds must be paid within 14 calendar days after returning the goods, or evidence that they were returned.
Proof of postage should be sufficient evidence of returning goods.
Whether the goods have to be returned in an unused condition, I don't know, and some retailers will still probably  argue the ssoT (read backwards). But good to know .
I used Alan as an example above, because he often reminded me that its better to try something than to waste my money and not be happy. 

Last year I returned an eyepiece to Telescope House and got a full refund apart from the cost of posting it back to them. There was nothing wrong with it, it just did not suit me and I had tried it once in a scope. TH were fine about this.

I believe First Light Optics offer a 30 day return which exceeds the regulations.

Last year I returned an eyepiece to Telescope House and got a full refund apart from the cost of posting it back to them. There was nothing wrong with it, it just did not suit me and I had tried it once in a scope. TH were fine about this.

I believe First Light Optics offer a 30 day return which exceeds the regulations.

but flo are probably the best retailers out there, if they made beer it would be carlsberg for sure

Whether the goods have to be returned in an unused condition, I don't know,

It's been possible to return something you don't like for some considerable time now under distance selling regulations - you don't even have to state the reason for return - meaning that you have greater rights when ordering by internet or phone than in person at the shop. The returned goods do not have to be unused and the packaging does not have to be intact. This is stated explicitly. Very few retailers would appear to comply with the law on their website (FLO are fully compliant and indeed go further than required). In fairness however most are reasonable when treated with common courtesy.

Archived