Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Switzerland.

Fieel

Hello! My name is Filipe and i just joined the forums :D

I'm 21 years old and i've been keen on space things since i was a kid.

I've been watching the skies for a long time, pointing out stars and calling them by name. I just recently i started getting involved and i decided to order a pair of Celestron Skymaster 20x80 binoculars.

I also started reading "Nightwatch" and i follow the "Astronomy Now" magazine.

Usually i watch the sky from mid-polluted areas, near my home it's hard to find a place completely dark. With just a pair of binoculars i can't see a lot of things to be honest, but before getting a telescope i wanted to be sure to be really interested, maybe the whole thing wasn't for me, fortunately it wasn't my case :). I already managed to see different planets and the moon in all of its phases, i can't wait to get a more powerful instrument to reach more distant objects :D :D

I don't have many friends involved and i decided to join the forum so i can talk about stargazing stuff with someone :)

Also, i'm sorry for my english! I'm an autodidact and obviously i'm still learning :).

Fieel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Fillipe and welcome to SGL. Using bins is a good start to the hobby do you have a tripod for them ? There's plenty of help on the site from friendly members. Enjoy your observing.

Yep, i use a tripod otherwise they would be too heavy!

Thank you to everybody for the warm welcome :))

Archived