SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sun in Ha - 15 pane mosaic - 21/8/14

DrRobin

Hi,

I didn't take my scope to work today so rushed home at 6pm to try and get the sun before sunset.  I reckon I have until about 7:10 this week before the sun goes below a neighbour's roof, trouble was there was far too much cloud.  At 7pm the cloud cleared and I took 15 panes for a mosaic with my ASI120MM-S at 60 fps (1,000 frames) in 5 minutes flat.  I just had time to get a picture of the prom, before the cloud rolled in again.

In total that is 15,000 frames and it took a while to stack, but Autostitch made a great job of stitching the image, I have posted a slightly higher resolution image than usual.

Full disc, 15 panes, 15% from 1,000 frames, Lunt 60 DS, 1.5x barlow, ASI120MM-S

Sun-21-8-14-Auto-b.jpg

False colour

Sun-21-8-14-Auto-c.jpg

Inverted then false colour

Sun-21-8-14-Auto-ic.jpg

There is just a slight hint of Newton rings, noticeable in the middle of the disc.  I have bought a tilt adapter but haven't had chance to adjust it yet, so it is still to fit.

I couldn't resist publishing the left hand side in full resolution as the sun is as active as I have seen it for ages in Ha.

Sun-21-8-14-Left-b.jpg

Inverted and false colour

Sun-21-8-14-Left-ic.jpg

Prom piccy to follow.

Robin

That's magnificent result for such a brief window ...  :laugh:

Inspired by the expert in short time windows, I.E. you Steve.  To be fair I sat with the scope set up, but not focused for 30 minutes before.

Anyhow the prom.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Ha_prom.jpg

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Ha_prom-c.jpg

Looks a bit like a crab or lobster crawling over the limb, may be?

Robin

Thanks guys,

well done is such a short timeframe

and I think looking at the prom the otherway its a lizard

I must be doing something wrong as I can only get 27fps out of the ZWO

These have been taken with the new USB3 version which will do 60 fps at full resolution in 8 bit mode. My USB2 version will only do 30 fps at the same settings.

What a delight to the eyes :) :) :) what a magnificent disc!!!!

It looks more like Alien ready to pounce :)

Alexandra

I can see the Alien and a lizard, but my other thought was a cat with a big head and body stretching out to the right. Oh who are we kidding, it's just a random shape.

Robin

Archived