Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 & IC5070 4 pane mosaic in Bi colour *bright alert!*

swag72

Have been working on this for a while. The Ha was all gathered during the lead up to a full moon, it held up well enough as a mono image in it's own right. Of course I felt that I wanted to make this into a colour arrangement, so here it is .... in bi colour.

You have been warned if you are of a delicate disposition or suffering sight problems - DO NOT LOOK!!! Interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Details

M: Avalon Linear Fast reverse

T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x

C: QSI690-wsg with 3nm Ha and OIII filters

29x1800s Ha

30x1800s OIII

Total integration time 29.5 hours

post-5681-0-56670200-1408635326_thumb.jp

You can see a larger res version here http://swagastro.weebly.com/recent-images.html

Scandalously good. Shouldn't be allowed.  The stars are so tiny that this really makes it an 'all nebula' image, which I love. The differences between the Ha and O111 contributions are astonishing and provide superb relief.

Olly

PS It has something of Kate Bush about it, this colour scheme, don't you think?

Fantastic image Sara - well worth the integration time.

Looks like the QSI camera is working out really well.  Was it just plug and play or did you have difficulty getting the reducer spacing correct and does the extra cooling capability make a big difference?

Thanks all for your most kind comments.

@oldpink - Probably only took about 8 hours of processing in total I reckon.

@Olly - I seem to remember a thread where you admitted to not liking Kate Bush :grin:

@Ian - This combo has been very plug and play. Whereas before I'd had to pack every known thread with Delrins to get the spacing right, with the QSI I bought the right adapter and that's it - The spacing is spot on. The cooling is excellent. I only go to -10, so I can achieve that all year round. All in all I am very pleased with it.

Quite lovely image and processing: hats off to you!

Have you noticed the bi-colour almost mimics the geographic continental tectonic divide up the west coast of the US, i.e. the Rockies.  Remarkable coincidence.

A marathon 29.5 hours - that's staying power (makes my 6 hours to date on a 2-pane NAN & Pelican I've yet to process shameful and lazy!!).  SII to add . . . :grin: ?

Barry

Thanks Bob, John and Barry :smiley:

@John - Kate Bush is my favourite, alas I seem to remember not Olly's!

@Barry - I can't see that adding SII will give me anything different than I already have (except another mosaic joining headache!) - This is a pseudo HST I think - almost more HST than an HST!!! :grin:

Well, that works! An absolute beauty and the Swager Pallette is spot on! Forget SII, what it needs, of course, is a couple more panes below and to the right..... I'll get my coat.

Very brave Gav. Very true as well but I'd never dare say such a thing where Sara might here me...

:grin: lly

Archived