SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Right angled RDF?

Is there such a thing as a right-angled RDF?

I'm getting sick of having to crouch on the ground to use the red dot finder on my telescope (900mm long refractor).  But, I do like the idea of the red dot finder -- I find it very easy to use when I get into position.  I use one eye, and turn the red dot brightness down to the minimum, at which point I can see the star through it and the dot.  I line them up and bam, I'm on target.

I imagine that a simple mirror would give me exactly the same effect, with the advantage that I don't have to crouch.  But it doesn't seem like such a thing exists.  There are right angled finder scopes, but I like the simplicity of the finder.

I do have a riegel quickfinder on order, because I like the look of it and the idea of the two concentric circles, but it's also straight through.  I can still cancel the quickfinder, if someone knows of a right angled finder of this type?

Thanks,

-simon

Archived