Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet C/2014 E2 Jacques in the Heart and Soul.

Really struggled with this as there was cloud and the light pollution was really bad, oh and the neighbour's stupid (in)security light is on permanently.... Didn't get much time on it and it was also a school night...not ideal. This is effectively a newbie image as I have forgotten everything I have learned so far...

Modified Canon 650D, AstroTrac & Canon 70-200mm @ 200mm. ISO 800, 30 second subs x20. Manually registered and stacked. This comet is moving too fast for longer subs without guiding on the comet (which I can't do with my kit). Couldn't see much of a tail...

Thanks for looking.

14796788498_0770a28876_b.jpg

Comet C/2014 E2 Jacques by StuartJPP, on Flickr

Thanks everyone...makes the effort more worthwhile.

Just stupid things I did...like not polar align properly after putting the camera/lens on and not setting focus properly because there weren't any bright(ish) stars in the area. Though to be honest longer exposures would have only meant the comet would have been trailing.

Archived