Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Awesome Astrotortilla !!!

Skipper Billy

Used this for the first time last night - awesome - don't know how I have managed without it !!!

Carefully polar aligned and did usual routine - slewed to target - started AT and pressed the button to solve and waited for an error message, crash etc - within 30 seconds it did a little slew and saved the sync and from then on every target was bang on in the middle.

Well worth the effort of setting it up.  If you haven't tried it I can highly recommend it - it is AWESOME!!!

AstroTortilla is much loved by myself as well. Feel free to give my tutorial a read if you like: http://lightvortexastronomy.blogspot.com/2013/08/tutorial-imaging-setting-up-and-using.html

Hi Kayron yeah all your tutorials are great have your website in my bookmarks for reference

Concerning AstroTortilla have followed your tutorial but having real problems getting to plate solve 

Have re-insulated the software and the Cygwin Terminal have followed to letter and will try out again next clear night again thanks for the well explained tutorials ( like how the camera was change from th

Hi Kayron yeah all your tutorials are great have your website in my bookmarks for reference

Concerning AstroTortilla have followed your tutorial but having real problems getting to plate solve 

Have re-insulated the software and the Cygwin Terminal have followed to letter and will try out again next clear night again thanks for the well explained tutorials ( like how the camera was change from th

Hehe yeah, I'm having fun with the QSI 660. The Sony ICX694 sensor is really good to work with. Much cleaner background to contend with during post-processing, so noise reduction is a much easier task now. 

Let me know how AstroTortilla works out for you. It should definitely work if you followed my tutorial (excluding Step 4, which isn't really needed, at least to get it working at first). Something I found is that increasing Search Radius to 45 makes plate solving quite quick and sometimes prevents failures in plate solving. I never go above 45 though. In the tutorial I recommended 15, as you shouldn't be off by more than this to begin with, but experience tells me sometimes 30 and 45 are better (I mention it somewhere on the corresponding paragraph). 

Thanks for the reply Kayron and also thanks for the tutorials again, as you mention I have changed the search radius to 30 but will increase to 45 if I still don't get any plate solving. 

Will let you know what happens if no joy can I contact you and see what I've done wrong  :embarrassed:

Looking forward to it working ( plus need a clear night to try out )

Thanks for the reply Kayron and also thanks for the tutorials again, as you mention I have changed the search radius to 30 but will increase to 45 if I still don't get any plate solving. 

Will let you know what happens if no joy can I contact you and see what I've done wrong  :embarrassed:

Looking forward to it working ( plus need a clear night to try out )

Of course, by all means feel free to contact me if you like. I hope you get it working well soon. 

Of course, by all means feel free to contact me if you like. I hope you get it working well soon.

Thanks for that only problem I've got now is Stellariumscope isn't talking to the ascom platform and my mount setting up to have a go with Astro Tortilla and the mount crashed I can get the laptop Eqmod ascom via Stellariumscope to talk to the mount I've started a thread under Mounts

Allan

At is absolutely fantastic -  I don't know what I'd do without it.  I rough focus the best I can with APT (also brilliant), plate solve, slew to a bright star, focus, plate solve again and done.  It's just the most brilliant thing ever since brilliance was invented in brilliant-land.

Archived