Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iris Nebula

laser_jock99

wow a lovely shot for only 10 mins of data! I tried to do this target a few weeks ago, but after 5 ten min subs I got taken out by dew on my secondary mirror :(

you must have some really dark skies as I didn't even get this amount of signal from nearly an hour of 10 min subs

nice, was thinking of doing this target at Kelling next month

wow a lovely shot for only 10 mins of data! I tried to do this target a few weeks ago, but after 5 ten min subs I got taken out by dew on my secondary mirror :(

you must have some really dark skies as I didn't even get this amount of signal from nearly an hour of 10 min subs

Yes - the Iris is definitely a subject suited for dark skies. Dark dust can't really be filtered.

so is this subject best shot without using a LP filter? i was using the baader neo filter at my local dark site...

Never tried using a broadband LP on this subject (it's a target I've never attempted in the Midland). Might be worth a try as it should improve the contrast slightly?

Archived