Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun in Ha - 19/8/14 - Back to my Lunt

DrRobin

Hi,

Since my Quark is not working correctly, I have decided to go back to my Lunt to get my solar Ha fix.   Sadly this means no white lights, I don't have time through the week to swap scopes.

I am trying out my ASI120MM-S and a new mount an iOptron Cube, so I am back to fiddling with settings.  I really like the ASI120, but after taking 9 images for a mosaic, they still won't stack, so I don't know if it is the Newton Rings or the contrast or the lack of overlap, but I am going to have to get to the bottom of it. 

The iOptron Cube is working really well, it even has the sun in it's database and with a GPS receiver built in, you just switch it on and press Goto to Sun.  Sadly, you have to have the scope pointing south and straight up first.

First up is a full disc taken with a double stack Lunt 60 in one go, using a focal reducer.  I have never had any success with this before and the field isn't particularly flat but it has come out quite well.  Sorry, should have mentioned these were taken from inside my office, through a dusty double glazed window, the weather and work weren't kind enough to me to allow me outside today.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Ha_19_08_14-D

Next up the close ups for a mosaic.  These are two or three frames stitched together.

Sun-19-8-14-Left.jpg

Sun-19-8-14-Middle.jpg

Sun-19-8-14-Right.jpg

Think I will go back to my DMK41 for mosaics until I can figure out what is going wrong.  Shame the ASI120MM-S is such a good camera.

Thanks

Robin

Archived