SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mirror Making Seminar 2014

Glasspusher

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James, it would have been nice to see you but I am not too sure about the concrete mirrors...glass ones are hard enough. 

Thanks for the kind comments about MMS 2014 guys, I would like to thank every body who came along for the day. Special thanks to Damian (Mapstar), who gave an excellent illustrated account of making a 24 inch dob, to Rich who travelled from the South coast, and to Jack Youdale for an inspiring introduction to the day.

Looking forward to MMS 2015 which will be held in Autumn 2015, please get in touch if you would like me to send you details when they are finalised.

John

Enjoyed the day immensely again John and thank you for the kind words even though my lecturing skills are not the best.

Hopefully I'll be giving an illustrated talk on making a 22" dob including the mirror next year.

Good to see Jack is also keeping well.

I have tried polishing again today but my lap seem's to have poor contact in the centre still so it is pressing on my kitchen table with 30kg of weight on it.

I have checked it a couple of times now and it looks to be getting better so will continue pressing but remove the weights over night

Damian

Very enjoyable Sunday and nice to see faces old and new. Thanks John for putting it all on.

Good luck to my fellow rookie mirror makers Rich and Damian. I thought I was mad making an 18.5 inch mirror for my first one but hats off to you guys - 22 inches no less!!!

Looking forward to MMS 2015 which will be held in Autumn 2015, please get in touch if you would like me to send you details when they are finalised.

John

Hi John,

Can you add me to the list for 2015? Would be interested in learning about mirror making (have never done any).

Cheers

Graeme

Archived