Narrowband

13th to 21st Run of evening ISS Passes

I got suprised last night by a very long ISS pass from Low in the (Due)West, passing just North of the Zenith (IOW) and

fading at about 10 degs above the Horizon in the ENE. I Caught it west at 21:33:30s and lost it at 21:38:20s.

This is quite long for an ISS pass (over my particular garden anyway)  So I checked on Heavens Above and they are showing a week of reasonably-time evening passes ( Varying between 21:30 and 23:30) usual mix of long (w to e) and short (w to SW).

A target for a peek (No pun intended Chris) between these clouds perhaps.

Mick.

i watched it fly overhead last night, around 21:30'ish while viewing other objects there were quite a few other Satellites looked large and bright but very hard to see on direct vision, i suppose the ISS would look enormous  if caught in a EP....

Caught it again in my hand pushed 200mm (x 20mm lens)last night. wobbly as you could wish for

but looks like a big "H" with a handle on it.

Would look even better across the zenith but its going to fast by then.

Mick.

Archived