SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Haas double star book!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick sent me a link I think. Got it from Sky & Telescope in the US for $43.94, plus perhaps some duty this end. I've been waiting months for it but I know they have just recently processed a load of orders so may still have stock.

www.shopatsky.com

Good luck!

Stu

who is the guy that has all of his field notes written in his ? is that Nick?

mike h

Yeah I saw the silly prices on amazon, I didnt think it was still available from s&t, sounds like it is but with issues, thanks

Well worth a go Phil. You might have to wait, but you should get it eventually. They were good at keeping me informed about it, even sent a letter to my address asking if I was happy to wait.

Just checked and the UK Bookstore want £4,386.32 for a copy, and they still charge £2.80 for delivery. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You would have thought they would have had free postage at least. :grin: :grin: :grin:

what the heck would that be in us $s??

mike h

My mate Patbloke got the last copy in a book store when he was in the a States recently. He paid $30.

A lot of searching should hopefully get you a copy.

It is a wonderful observers reference, to which you can add to. The marked "C" is for striking colour. Not that I'd be showing you some of the best in Cassiopeia ! The extra page is from Star Splitters http://bestdoubles.wordpress.com

post-6974-0-31490500-1407654211_thumb.jppost-6974-0-98471600-1407654246_thumb.jp

Eagle creek is also a good source,http://www.eaglecreekobservatory.org/eco/doubles/

There's plenty to observe and find out about under

Clear skies !

Nick.

As it is apparently available fairly cheaply, I'm tempted to buy another copy, take it apart and laminate it, and mount in a ringfile with some laminated charts like the Cambridge double star atlas ones, and blank pages for notes.

Chris

Ordered today via amazon at £14 something or other. Remains to be seen how long it'll take to arrive! Last time I tried to get it via Sky and Telescope website, and ended up cancelling the order after three months or more of waiting!

Archived