SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn

Radders

Bagged my view of the Ringed Wonder last night. Was imaging the Moon and when that when behind a house I thought I'd try slewing to Saturn and there it was in 40mm the eyepiece. I even got the Mrs down to have a look which is a 1st and got the response, "it's a bit small!"

I didnt get much time at the ep as it soon departed the way of the Moon, behind a house.

Happy that I've finally seen it though.

Paul

Wow! is normally the response from a first view of Saturn, I seem to say Wow

every time I see it, even my wife said it when she looked down the eyepiece,

so next time put a more powerful eyepiece in, then show her, if a lady is not

that impressed they do tend to say, "it's a bit small". 

I must admit I don't think it had the same effect on me that Jupiter had when I first saw that but I think that was because it was the first planet I had seen through an eyepiece. Still a fantastic sight though!

Steve

Actually, I am looking forward to seeing and imaging Jupiter on its next go around.

It is an interesting looking planet for sure.

My last imaging attempt this past spring resulted in an image too bright for detail.

I hope my knowledge of imaging has improved some since then. :grin:

Steve,

I've read about the rotation issues, but don't think my imaging will include too long an AVI where that would be an issue.

I may have the equipment as you noted, but lets see if my mind can put it all together.

Nice chatting with you also...from "across the pond."

John

I've enjoyed observing and imaging Saturn and Jupiter for several years( imaging) , decades observing. As the year progress , having spent several months concentrating on Saturn I will shift my focus to Jupiter and continue the cycle of pleasure, clear skies. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived