Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Poor man's Ha image of Cygnus

After admiring so many superb Ha images of Cygnus posted over the last couple of weeks I was inspired to give it a go with my astro-modified Canon 1100D.

post-586-0-12487000-1406972665_thumb.jpg

Now let me explain -  I've not used an H alpha filter.  It's a Hutech IDAS LP2  light pollution filter with a Baader red filter in front to limit the transmission.  It's a sort of poor man's very broad band H alpha filter.  http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/haimage-v3.htm

The image has some significant deficiencies as I only managed to get 11 x 180 second subs, the framing is quite a bit off and I accidentally left the 50mm lens on f5.6.  It's definitely not in the same league as those using a proper H alpha filter, but the result are quite encouraging.

Over the last two nights I've been re-imaging this target, but this time better framed, with a wider aperture, and many more subs. I've also got some colour subs as well.

Now to find the time to process it all ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived