Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Lincoln.

Phillyo

Hi guys,

My name is Phil and I'm currently living just outside of Lincoln whilst based at RAF Waddington. I've been lurking around SGL for a while now and I am a member over at UKAI but thought it was about time I joined this forum too to give me the opportunity to meet more like minded people and also hopefully get more help and feedback if (when!!) required. I am very new to Astrophotography so have a lot to learn, especially on the processing side of things...bane of my life!

I mostly do widefield imaging at the moment as I'm saving up for a new mount and scope (possibly EQ6 again) after selling most of my kit earlier this year then deciding I wanted to do it again, typical!

I use an Astrotrac with either my Canon 7D or Modded 350D (soon to be replaced by a 450D) from either my back garden or, as it's such a small set up, I head out towards the Lincolnshire Wolds where it's fairly dark skies.

I use a 70-200mm F/4 L USM lens for most images, although I do have a Megrez 72 APO DDG that i'll be using more when the skies darken again. I have also got a 'nifty-fifty' 50mm f/1.8 lens for wider stuff and a Samyang 14mm f/2.8 lens for wider milky way shots.

Looking forward to chatting to you all and maybe if someone lives locally meeting up for some imaging sessions over a beer.

Thanks,

Phil.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have put up one image that I have on my pc but as I'm at work right now I have no others here with me, I'll try to upload a couple more when I get home later today.

Phil

Hi ,

You have a local dark sky site on the Wolds(near Caldwell park) where people meet once per month (or more).

For more details http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/  - East Lincolnshire group

I believe there is at least 1 other RAF Astro person who is part of this Club site and they are a friendly bunch - plus Paul does a mean cup of tea.

Archived