Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AA5 plate solving

Astroscot2

Hello all.

I hope someone who is using AA5 can give me some guidance or pointers on the following. 

Im going to be using AA5 to control my main camera, guidecamers and filterwheel via a USB hub, guidecamea will be connected to mount via ST-4 cable for guiding.  this is all tried and tested and works fine on my EQ8. 

AA5 has a plate solve funcion that apparently works very well, my question is on conectivity with the mount  - using the above set up,  how do I image with the main camera for plate solving and send commands to the mount ?  do I need to throw EQmod into the mix, and can AA5 adn Eqmod synq together ? Or is there a simpler method

Im probably missing something very obvious here.

Mark

I think that you are getting confused. Plate Solving is taking an image, then identifying where in the sky that image came from. That information is then used to correct the pointing model in the mount, so the mount knows where it is pointing.

The software will connect to the EQ8 via an EQDIR lead

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-eqdir-adapter.html

AA will then probably connect to the mount via ASCOM over this lead.

Any particular reason for choosing AA? have you considered Sequence Generator Pro?

Hello Stephen, thanks for the reply, my main thoughts were on connectivity with the mount and what I need if

I want to plate solve via my main camera, I already have AA5 whic has plate solve functionality.

My previous pounts have all been non goto so its a bit of a learning curve,, so it looks like I need to invest in the EQDIR lead - this was what I was unsure of.

Thanks again

Mark

Archived