Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What DSLR

alan687

im looking s dslr but not sure what would be best, my original plan was to buy a D600 but on Friday i will have £680 to spend, quite a bit more than the £420 for a D600 soo what would be the best for my money?

Would the saving you make be available for other items like another lens.

yes i could do that but i don't know that much about camera lens's

You could go for a new astro modded dslr, use in daylight as well as DSO's....

http://cheapastrophotography.vpweb.co.uk/Available-Cameras.html

im a bit wary of buying a modded camera, dont like the idea of someone tinkering with it

need to add that it will be mainly for normal photography and some shots of the sky and some with a telescope

I have a 700D for holiday snaps etc and it's a great little camera. It has an 18-135mm lens, which is a useful range on the one lens. The video quality is great too. Price wise it's around £700, but well worth it.

As for a modded camera, I really wouldn't be worried about 'someone tinkering with it'. I tinkered with my 60D and it's just fine. If you are going to use the camera for DSOs, then I can't recommend a modded DSLR over a normal DSLR highly enough.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I have a 700D for holiday snaps etc and it's a great little camera. It has an 18-135mm lens, which is a useful range on the one lens. The video quality is great too. Price wise it's around £700, but well worth it.

As for a modded camera, I really wouldn't be worried about 'someone tinkering with it'. I tinkered with my 60D and it's just fine. If you are going to use the camera for DSOs, then I can't recommend a modded DSLR over a normal DSLR highly enough.

Good luck whatever you decide

i done some digging around and the 700D looks good £510 with the 18 - 55mm lens, my thinking is, ive took some good photos with a fijifilm s1000 and its not a great camera (now worth about £40 lol ) so this would be a huge step up

I plumped for a 600d, but want it purely for AP really. After lots of reasearch I felt it was the newist model in the "sensible" price range that performed the best noise wise etc. Makes a good "normal" camera too.

It's on Magic Lantern's stable list as well.

Archived