Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33

Mark_C

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post my second serious attempt at at a DSO. The first I'd ever taken was of the M101 and was very pleased at how it turned out so I thought I'd give the M33 a go as I love its structure.

This was taken with an unmodded Canon EOS 60D, there's quite a lot of noise and hot pixels in the image as I got lazy and didn't take flats/darks/bias, plus the heat didn't help, so potentially this image could look a lot better with calibration.

I think a total of around 10 x 600 sec exposures were used and stacked in DSS.

I've got an Atik 314L+ mono on the way so cannot wait to give NB imaging a try and hopefully less noise issues. :)

post-36814-0-27788600-1406753401_thumb.j

Thanks for the comments. :) I now have an Atik 314L+ in my hands and can't wait to give it a try! As per usual though, the weather takes a turn for the worse so looks like I won't be using it for a while. I'm temped to keep my DSLR, get it modified and then use it for wide field work, however.

Archived