Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

8" telescopes.

I have a thread running about the Celestron 8SE but wondered if there were any other makes with a 8" or 9" SCT telescope.

I've looked at Meade but they seem to only go to 90 mm.

Thanks and apologies for being a pain. I'll be ordering it nest Wednsday so I'll stop nagging after that! :)

OK, but I could only find the Meade up to 90 mm. Maybe I was looking at the wrong model.

I've decided on the Celstron 8 SE as the Frenchman is about 20% dearer tha F1 Telescopes. If he can get them in stock by Saturday a friend will pick it up on his way to Dover (and here). If not I'll have to pay shipping but it will still be about £300 cheaper that the frogs price.

Thanks.

Luke, I ended up getting the Celestron CPC800. Only time will tell if it's the right one for us.

Now then, last time I was in Kildare it wasn't deep or dark. We used to go to the west coust every year. Galway, Conemara, Clare even Kerry. But since we moved to france and retired we've only been once. We thgink you live in the lasy sane plave on earth. Pubs open all night has got to be the way to go.

Archived