Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need some connection advice.....please!

I'm sorry for being such a PITA lately.... but I'm stumped once again.... Orion starseeker II scope with 102mm Ap, 660mm FL.... I am using starry night 6 and can't seem to get my scope to connect to my laptop.... I went and purchased the USB to serial adapter.... connected from USB to handset. Handset to scope. What do I have to do to get it to connect... What driver should I be using on starry night? Is there any certain setting the handset needs to be in? Things like that. All I get is "registry could not be opened". Please help I've been over the internet with no real answers....

Which version of Starry Night 6 do you have ? Only certain versions of Starry Night support telescope mount control (Pro and Pro Plus) . If yours doesn't support mount control I suggest that you download Stellarium  http://www.stellarium.org/ which might be easier to configure

The things Starry Night needs to know are

1. The model of mount. The Starseeker mount appears to be rebranded Celeston SLT so the mount selected should be a Nexstar 5i

2. The program also needs to know thich comm port number the usb/serial adapter has been assigned so that is can communicate with the handset. This can be found in Windows device manager.

Archived