Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my first go at ngc 6995

i didnt think i had much chance with this object and dint have much time with the clouds but wata ya know i think it turned out great for 3 x 900 second subs and 1 900 second dark no flats.

skywatcher 200 pds - eos 1100d unmoded - baader uhc filter 2" - az eq6 gt.

post-12098-0-46807200-1406661827_thumb.j

That is an amazing capture for a first try, just one small point as there are very few if any DSOs that appear green to us ( it is mainly blue or teal ),  I took the liberty of removing the green, hope don't mind.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-11276500-1406666042.jpg

I took the liberty of removing the green, hope don't mind.

Regards,

A.G

huge thank you for the heads up on the color . i have now done the fix on my ngc 6960.you have opened a can of worms now you know :grin: 

huge thank you for the heads up on the color . i have now done the fix on my ngc 6960.you have opened a can of worms now you know :grin:

If you are using photoshop just download the HLVG free filter, it works reasonably well for removing the green tinge if the basic colour calibration is correct.

http://www.deepskycolors.com/archivo/2010/04/26/hasta-La-Vista-Green.html

Regards,

A.G

Archived