SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Monday's sun in Ha and WL

DrRobin

Hi,

Another sunny day in the most perfect spot in the med, Menorca.  Really clear and stable this morning with no cloud and very little wind.  Good job solar imaging is a breakfast thing over here, it clouded up in the afternoon.

All images William Optics Zenithstar 80mm, Lunt wedge & ASI120MM-S

White light first.  One of the new ARs has exploded with some fine spots over night, a real treat. 

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-1-wl-

The new AR in close up

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-3-wl-

The AR in the centre seems to be developing nicely.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-2-wl-

Ha, all taken with a Quark and the same scope as the WLs.

First up a 4 pane mosaic of the new AR region.  This is the first mosaic I have done with a Quark, it would take a lot for a full disc.

Sun-28-7-14-Ha-Mosaic-a.jpg

The AR in the centre of the disc with a 0.5x FR.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-7-Ha-

The same AR but a prime focus.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-10-Ha

A rather nice prom, I think it looks like El Toro, but Mrs DrRobin can't see it.

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-28-7-14-9-pro

By the way, I have found a temporary fix to my faulty USB cable, it now has a knot tied in it, seems to work okay, which is good as a seach of Ciutadella today didn't find any new ones.

Robin

Lovely collection, Robin, I can see El Toro!!  Though it looks a bit like a sheep with horns to me :grin:

Very well done on your first Quark mosaic! Looks nicely joined to my eyes.

And well done on the USB repair. Though if it keeps on going, the cable might not reach the Quark :grin:

Archived