SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telescope Upgrade What To Get

Hi All,

I have a Nextstar 6SE and will be upgrading soon, i have narrowed it down to just 3 which are :

Celestron CPC 9.25

Celestron Advanced VX 9.25

Celestron Advanced VX 8 Edge HD

I am starting to do some Photography work with a DSLR and a ZWO Camera mainly doing Planetary but want to start doing some deep sky Photography, i know the CPC is not the best choice due to its mount but you can get a wedge for it.

Can anyone give me some Pros and Cons on these 3 Telescopes, and is there much visual difference between 8" and 9.25" 

Many thanks

It sounds like you've reached a bit of a crossroads in your astronomy interests, it now becomes a difficult choice because what is best for visual use will certainly not be best for astrophotography. For the latter I would suggest an 80mm refractor on a decent mount (HEQ5/6), which won't offer the improved visual results of the scopes you mention. This crops up so often there should be a 'sticky' with the simple facts.

ChrisH

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/cpc-deluxe-hd/celestron-cpc-deluxe-800-hd.html

This is what I have just bought.I use it for

planetry imaging.Celestron Advanced VX 9.25 is the

one to go for, if your doing DSOs.F10 is not ideal.

No way of doing DSO imaging here.That is why I went

for this scope.You could use a 6.3 reducer on the C9.25.

This would give you a good set up.Just a few thoughts.

Steve

I'd keep your 6 SE OTA, upgrade your mount to an HEQ6 and get a small refractor, William Optics ZS 66 is a good starter for AP or an 80mm, SW Equinox another good choice.

Archived