Narrowband

Open clusters in Cygnus and Vulpecula

pepitoz

The last few nights I have been strolling along the Milky way and have realised that Cygnus is full of open cluster!

Three open clusters are to be seen around Y Cygni, Sadr. The one to the east is NGC 6910-small and dim cluster. Looks like a Y. To the south of Sadr is M29-a bright, but not rich messier. And finally, to the north is the large and diffuse Collinder 419.

Around delta Cygnus are two other clusters-NGC 6811-rich and bright, and NGC 6866-simular to  NGC 6811 but less rich. To the southwest is the bright cluster NGC 6819-more of a binocular target.

M39 was also seen-a great binocular object but not really for a telescope.

Betwwen Sadr and Albireo is the bright and diffuse open cluster NGC 6871-easy for binoculars.

In Vulpecula I observed Stock 1-diffuse and dim. Nearby are the dim and small open clusters NGC 6830 and NGC 6823.

Check this guys out!

Neat, I did a thread "Cracking Cygnus clusters " which details the very best ones. This is a beautiful area.

Don't forget to scan between Albireo and Altair, with x8 bins. Half way along you'll find the Coathanger,

Nick.

I gave` The Coathanger` (Brocchi`s Cluster) a first viewing through a telescope last night; it`s always a good one with the bino`s, but with my ED102 and 24mm giving 30x mag I had all 10 stars in the viewing field.... really nice.

Archived