Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Cg-5GT alignment issues

Hey!

I have a problem with my Cg-5. After I polar align it and try to align it to a star, it slews to a completely different location (at least 90 degrees in another direction) I'm sure I have all of the information in there correctly, and I've reset the hand controller. Any help is appreciated!

I have to say, I've never got my CG5 to align properly.

Like Steve, I only do planetary alignment now which really isn't helpful when there isn't any around.

I then do a sync, on the planet

I have picked.Seems to work very

well for me.It tracks quite well

using this method as well.

Steve

Couple of thopughts:

Going about 90 degrees the wrong direction half suggests that there may be a Northern/Southern Hemisphere option somewhere in the menu. Check Menu -> Tracking -> Mode for EQ North. Just in case.

The manual says that the mount will select from one side of the meridian only. Not 100% sure the relevanxce of this unless a house is on one side I suppose.

Have you polar aligned and set the RA and Dec index marks as required.

Has it got the GPS feature ?

Thank you very much for the replies. I will try these suggestions out tonight to see if any helped. It seemed as if the declination turns the correct distance it needs to go, but in the opposite way.

Archived