SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Myriad EPs

I've got the Myriad 9mm and it's clone the William Optics XWA 9mm on loan at the moment from First Light Optics. The Myriad and the William Optics branded version are exactly the same item. 

They perform very well and compare favourably with my 8mm Tele Vue Ethos to my eye. The eye relief of the Myriad / WO XWA is tighter than the Ethos and the wide and quite hard twist up eye cup gives them a different feel to the Ethos but optically they seem to deliver a very sharp, flat 100 degree field of view.

They are starting to pick up some interest in the USA too so hopefully Skywatcher will soon produce the additional focal lengths they promise in the Myriad range. Telescope Services in Germany carry their branded version of the same eyepiece and additional focal lengths are starting to show on their website although the photos are all of the 9mm !

A 100 degree eyepiece of some potential I think and without the eye watering price tag that the Tele Vue Ethos range have and an alternative to importing the ES 100's.

I've got the Myriad 9mm and it's clone the William Optics XWA 9mm on loan at the moment from First Light Optics. The Myriad and the William Optics branded version are exactly the same item.

They perform very well and compare favourably with my 8mm Tele Vue Ethos to my eye. The eye relief of the Myriad / WO XWA is tighter than the Ethos and the wide and quite hard twist up eye cup gives them a different feel to the Ethos but optically they seem to deliver a very sharp, flat 100 degree field of view.

They are starting to pick up some interest in the USA too so hopefully Skywatcher will soon produce the additional focal lengths they promise in the Myriad range. Telescope Services in Germany carry their branded version of the same eyepiece and additional focal lengths are starting to show on their website although the photos are all of the 9mm !

A 100 degree eyepiece of some potential I think and without the eye watering price tag that the Tele Vue Ethos range have and an alternative to importing the ES 100's.

Thanks John! Can I assume you'll be writing a review for the 9mm? :)

Will look forward to that, and encouraging that they show potential :D

Thanks John! Can I assume you'll be writing a review for the 9mm? :)

Will look forward to that, and encouraging that they show potential :D

Yes I'll be doing a review in due course but I've really not had much viewing time with it as yet.

Meanwhile, I've posted some initial impressions of the eyepieces here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/218397-skywatcher-myriad-mwa-vs-william-optics-xwa-spot-the-difference/

Archived