Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Shooting by to say Hi!

AlienMoon

Just popping by to say a massive hello to everyone & to say thanks for having on the forums.

47 & been into Astronomy for many years now, & used to go out & do some star gazing with my grandfather before he left for the stars.

Anyway Thinking it's about time I took it up again & doing some research into which telescope to buy this time.

anyway this is me & that's why i'm here & my real name is Gary if you so wish to use it, you can.

Thanks & chat soon..

Hi Gary & Welcome to SGL.  Good luck with choosing your scope.  If you need any advice on the scope, plenty of advice to be had here as you have probably realised.

Hi Gary welcome to the lounge,

choosing a scope is not easy, take lot's of time and consider what you will

be using it for, there are so many to choose from, I hope you make the right

decision for your own needs.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Hi Gary and welcome to SGL, most people here recommend a big dob as it's the cheapest way to get a big appeture.

I'd never fit that in the house so have a 4" frac that fits under the bed and comes out when the skies are dark and it's not raining.

What suits me might be totally different depending on circumstances so take your time, join a astro club so you can try a few different types and good luck ;)

Ben

Archived